WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 300 LISTED ITEMS
► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ►
· JOCO PASTORIUS BIG BAND featuring RANDY BRECKER, TOOTS THIELMANS, JON FADDIS AND OTHERS – TWINS I: LIVE AT AUREX JAZZ FESTIVAL –RARE ORIGINAL 1983 JAPANESE-ONLY RELEASE – ORIGINAL 1983 WARNER BROTHERS (JAPAN) STEREO LP P-11317
· ORIGINAL JAPANESE PRESSING
· PERSONALLY AUTOGRAPHED BY THE LATE, GREAT JOCO - ONE OF THE GREATEST JAZZ BASS PLAYERS IN JAZZ HISTORY – PLEASE SEE THE MAGNIFIED DETAIL OF HIS SIGNATURE, SHOWN BELOW
· ORIGINAL BEIGE WARNER BROTHERS (JAPAN) LABEL WITH MULTICOLORED “WB” LOGO ON TOP OF THE LABEL (LATE 70’s STYLE)
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST JAPANESE. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THIN CARDBOARD COVER (NO THICK CARDBOARD COVERS WERE EVER PRODUCED FOR THIS TITLE)
· INCLUDES ORIGINAL 2-PAGE INSERT
· ORIGINAL GLOSSY, LIGHTLY LAMINATED COVER
· ORIGINAL "TEXTURED" (EMBOSSED) COVER.
· CLEAN, WEAR-FREE LABELS (SMALL STICKER NOTED ON ONE OF THE LABELS)
· FAIRLY THICK VINYL PRESSING On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the thickness of the vinyl as 6.
· MACHINE-STAMPED MATRIX NUMBER IN TRAIL-OFF VINYL (DEAD WAX) OF THE RECORD
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
Bassist Jaco Pastorius formed this big band for a 1982 world tour, which had some magical performances and incredible frustrations away from the stage.
The band ultimately imploded due to the deteriorating health of Pastorius - who threw his bass into Hiroshima Bay, along with exhibiting other signs of self-destructive behavior. But these selections released in Japan in 1983 - and in a condensed U.S. version, entitled, Invitation - highlights the triumph before the curtain abruptly fell on Jaco's remarkable career.
The textured layers of instruments - the Word of Mouth Big Band lineup of Don Alias (per), Randy Brecker (tr), Peter Erskine (d), Bobby Mintzer (sax), Othello Molineaux (steel dr), Toots Thielemans (har), along with 14 guest musicians appearing in the two September shows - compliments Jaco's tenacious leadership through his rapid, melodic bass runs.
Liberty City is a gem, with other top-flight cuts in the mix; Three Views of a Secret, Reza/Giant Steps/Reza and Pac-Man Blues (Fannie Mae). The music is even more electrifying and fresh some 35-plus years later. This is truly a gem that deserves to finally be heard in its entirety.
For additional historical information on this album, including track listing ►
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) WE GRADE THE VINYL AS STRONG VG++. A few light abrasions ARE VISIBLE, but they appear fairly insignificant relative to the overall condition of the vinyl, and are only moderately visually distracting. For most part, the vinyl looks impeccable, without any MAJOR visual flaws or imperfections. Much of the original luster is intact, and the vinyl shines and sparkles almost like new.
(b) The record is pressed on a RELATIVELY thick, inflexible vinyl. This is NOT a thin, flimsy ('dynaflex' type), vinyl, but not the thickest, most rigid vinyl, either.
(c) The record comes in a hi-grade PVC inner sleeve
(d) The album comes with the original 2-page foldout insert.
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
· THE COVER
THE COVER IS NICE --- ABOUT VERY GOOD++ (VG++).
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has a partially UNGLUED (not split!) bottom seam; This seam was delicately taped by the previous owner with a piece of transparent scotch tape
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the seams
- Cover has some light ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 3
- The cover has circular tarnish (grayish, dust-covered sections, which closely follow the contour of the record), probably caused by friction or by rubbing against other covers during the storage. The tarnish is similar in appearance to a common ring wear, but, UNLIKE ring wear, these grayish areas may be possible to clean up with a minor effort and with a right cleansing solution.
- Cover shows some light yellowing on both sides, apparently from aging (nothing significant).
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the spine
- Back cover has a small sticker /label (same as the one on the record label), which may be possible to remove with a little effort (we did not attempt to)
NO OTHER VISIBLE FLAWS OR IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND that you pay for USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment in order to obtain tracking information, which is NOT available for First Class International shipments.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►. While you can be rest assured that ►, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ► TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED (THE BUYER PAYS FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE); Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ► for the full text of our policy
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.