WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 300 LISTED ITEMS
► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ►
· THE MARVELETTES – THE MARVELOUS MARVELETTES – ULTRA-RARE ORIGINAL 1962 TAMLA RECORDS MONO LP TM-237
· ORIGINAL U.S. PRESSING
*** INSANELY RARE STILL SEALED GUARANTEED ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
*** ONE OF THE RAREST TAMLA/MOTOWN TITLES IN EXISTENCE***
· GUARANTEED ORIGINAL YELLOW TAMLA LABEL WITH TWO PURPLE “TOUCHING GLOBES” TAMLA LOGO ON TOP OF THE LABEL , SUCH AS THE ONE SHOWN BELOW, FROM OUR PREVIOUS AUCTION
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· THIS IS THE ORIGINAL, AUTHENTIC, FIRST U.S. PRESSING; THIS IS NOT A REISSUE, AN IMPORT, OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· THICK CARDBOARD COVER, AMERICAN STYLE.
· THICK, HEAVY VINYL PRESSING
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you'll get. GUARANTEED!)
The Marvelettes' albums, in the group's early days, were of two varieties: comprised either of rush-recorded sides slapped up against a hit single, intended to capitalize on that hit single, or mostly of single sides, rounded out with a few new tracks set down to fill out the long-player. The Marvelous Marvelettes is sort of a hybrid of those two categories -- four of its ten songs were singles that had charted (one of them, "Strange I Know," hitting the R&B Top Ten), and the Holland-Dozier-Holland-authored "Locking Up My Heart" was the group's then-current single, cut just five weeks before the album's release. But it also benefited from some new sides that showed some new (and one old) talent in their stable, starting to contribute in a serious way -- four of the songs were authored or co-authored by Norman Whitfield, then 22 years old and starting to make his early mark on Motown's sound. The latter material, especially the delightfully lighthearted "Silly Boy" -- showing the group at its least self-serious -- may not have been groundbreaking, but neither was it a bad beginning contribution by Whitfield. And "Why Must You Go" -- an achingly beautiful slowie that shows more language facility than was common in soul ballads of the time -- was good enough to end the album, and it succeeds (as does the group) by leaving the listener wanting more. Among the other highlights, "My Daddy Knows Best," authored by Berry Gordy, is a throwback to an earlier, pre-Motown harmony vocal sound that is sung so beguilingly that it's impossible to dislike the song (which got to the lower reaches of the Hot 100). The next time out of the box for the group -- which would be four years (!) and one greatest-hits compilation later -- the Marvelettes would do even better by their talent and the songs handed to them.
(REVIEW REPRINTED COURTESY OF BRUCE EDER, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
Finding a still sealed original MONO copy of this Tamla classic?!?! Forget it – not even a HOPE!!! This may be the last one you will ever see.
For additional historical information on this album, including track listing ►
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ►
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►.
(b) The record is apparently pressed on a beautiful, thick, inflexible vinyl, which was usually used for the first or very early pressings. Usually, the sound on such thick vinyl pressings is full-bodied, vivid, and even dramatic. Do not expect to obtain such a majestic analog sound from a digital recording!
(c) Stereo copies of this album are NOT known to exist (EXCEPT on a long-out-of-print Japanese compact disc)
(d) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
COVER IS NEAR MINT, STILL SEALED AND COVERED IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has JUST A HINT of ring wear (nothing significant); On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the severity of ring wear as 2.
- The cover has circular tarnish (grayish, dust-covered sections, which closely follow the contour of the record), probably caused by friction or by rubbing against other covers during the storage (nothing significant); The tarnish is similar in appearance to a common ring wear, but, UNLIKE ring wear, these grayish areas may be possible to clean up with a minor effort and with a right cleansing solution.
- Cover shows some light yellowing on both sides, apparently from aging (nothing significant)
- Cover has one corner slightly dinged (nothing significant)
- Minor shelf wear noted on the bottom seam (nothing significant)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No wrinkles or creases
- No writing
- No stamps
- No peel-off marks
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No razor marks, scratches, pressure marks, lines, streaks, or cuts.
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No glue traces or wax residue.
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND that you pay for USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment in order to obtain tracking information, which is NOT available for First Class International shipments.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►. While you can be rest assured that ►, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ► TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED (THE BUYER PAYS FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE); Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ► for the full text of our policy
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.