WE CURRENTLY HAVE MORE THAN 300 LISTED ITEMS
► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ►
· ROLLING STONES - ENGLAND'S NEWEST HIT-MAKERS (ROLLING STONES' FIRST U.S. ALBUM, FEATURING APPEARANCES BY PHIL SPECTOR AND GENE PITNEY) - ORIGINAL (?) 1964 LONDON RECORDS STEREO LP PS-375
· ORIGINAL (?) U.S. PRESSING
*** STILL SEALED LONDON STEREO LP BELIEVED TO BE THE ORIGINAL FIRST PRESSING ***
· NO AD FOR THE POSTER IN THE LOWER LEFT CORNER OF THE FRONT COVER (THIS PRESSING NEVER HAD A POSTER: AMERICAN STEREO PRESSINGS NEVER HAD A POSTER ENCLOSED; ONLY THE ORIGINAL MONO PRESSINGS DID)
· THIS MAY OR MAY NOT BE A MONSTROUSLY RARE ORIGINAL, FIRST U.S. STEREO PRESSING ON “UNBOXED” STEREO LABEL (WE ARE NOT ABSOLUTELY CERTIAN AND CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT THIS IS THE LABEL YOU WILL FIND INSIDE); HOWEVER, IT IS MORE LIKELY THAT THIS IS A VERY EARLY PRESSING CIRCA 1965/66 ON DARK-BLUE LONDON STEREO LABEL WITH WITH “BOXED” (FRAMED) LONDON LOGO, SILVER PRINT AND “STEREOPHONIC” BANNER ACROSS THE LABEL’S CENTER (MID-TO-LATE 60’s STYLE).
· THE THICKNESS OF THE VINYL, THE APPEARANCE AND THE CONSTRUCTION OF THE COVER, LABEL’S LOGO AND OTHER PERIPHERAL ELEMENTS OF THE COVER, ARE ALL PERFECTLY CONSISTENT WITH THE ORIGINAL, FIRST PRESSING OF THIS TITLE.
· ONE “BREATHE” (AIR) HOLE NOTED ON THE SHRINK WRAP
· THIS IS NOT AN IMPORT, RECORD CLUB RELEASE OR A COUNTERFEIT PRESSING.
· ORIGINAL, THICK CARDBOARD COVER (AMERICAN STYLE)
· ORIGINAL 1960s COVER WHICH PROMOTES AVAILABILITY OF THE ALBUM IN BOTH MONO AND STEREO
· FAIRLY THICK VINYL PRESSING On the scale from 1 to 10 (1 being the least, and 10 being the most severe), we assess the thickness of the vinyl as 7.
· NEITHER TRUE STEREO NOR ELECTRONIC STEREO version of this album have EVER been available on legitimate Compact Disc or in any other digital format (only mono compact discs exist).
(►PLEASE SEE THE IMAGE OF THE COVER, LABEL OR BOTH, SHOWN BELOW)
(Note: this is a REAL image of the ACTUAL item you are bidding on. This is NOT a "recycled" image from our previous auction. What you see is what you’ll get. GUARANTEED!)
The group's debut album was the most uncompromisingly blues/R&B-oriented full-length recording they would ever release. Mostly occupied with covers, this was as hardcore as British R&B ever got; it's raw and ready. But the Stones succeeded in establishing themselves as creative interpreters, putting '50s and early-'60s blues, rock, and soul classics (some quite obscure to white audiences) through a younger, more guitar-oriented filter. The record's highlighted by blistering versions of "Route 66," "Carol," the hypertempoed "I Just Want to Make Love to You," "I'm a King Bee," and "Walking the Dog." Their Bo Diddley-ized version of Buddy Holly's "Not Fade Away" gave them their first British Top Ten hit (and their first small American one). The acoustic ballad "Tell Me" was Jagger-Richards' first good original tune, but the other group-penned originals were little more than rehashed jams of blues clichés, keeping this album from reaching truly classic status.
(REVIEW REPRINTED COURTESY OF BRUCE EDER, ALL MUSIC GUIDE /ALLMUSIC.COM/)
Track listing: Not fade away - Route 66 - I just want to make love to you - Honest I do - Now I've got a witness - Little by little - I'm a king bee - Carol - Tell me - Can I get a witness - You can make it if you try - Walking the dog. Please note that track listing of American version of the Rolling Stones’ first album is somewhat different than track listing on UK version of the album (“Rolling Stones, Vol. 1” and that track timings of two tracks are different)
For additional historical or discography information on this album, including track listing ►
TO SEE IF WE HAVE OTHER LISTED ITEMS BY THIS GROUP OR ARTIST ►
(IMPORTANT NOTE: unless otherwise noted, ALL records are graded visually, and NOT play-graded!; we grade records under the strong, diffuse room light or discrete sunlight)
(a) THE ALBUM IS STILL FACTORY SEALED AND IS BELIEVED TO BE PERFECTLY MINT. Please note: sealed items are assumed to be mint and are sold as-is, as we have no way of inspecting them. For our policy on still sealed records ►.
(b) The record is believed to come in its original stock inner sleeve.
(c) The record is apparently pressed on a RELATIVELY thick, inflexible vinyl. This is NOT a thin, flimsy ('dynaflex' type), vinyl, but not the thickest, most rigid vinyl, either.
(d) True Stereo copies of this album are NOT known to exist (this is an electronically rechannelled recording)
(e) Of course, this is a full-bodied ANALOG recording, and not an inferior, digital recording!!!
COVER IS STRONG NEAR MINT, STILL SEALED AND COVERED IN ITS ORIGINAL ►SHRINK WRAP
The following flaws or imperfections are noted on the cover:
- Cover has a few tiny wrinkles along the spine (nothing significant)
NO OTHER IMPERFECTIONS ON THE COVER:
- No split seams
- No ring wear
- No cut-out (drill) holes.
- No cut-out corners
- No saw-marks or indents
- No dirt/dust rubbing stains (friction marks caused by rubbing against other covers)
- No yellowing from aging
- No writing
- No stamps
- No tearing: no chips, dents or nicks on the seams
- No peel-off marks
- No stains
- No mold or mildew spots
- No stickers or labels
- No water damage
- No razor marks, scratches, pressure marks, lines, streaks, or cuts.
- No warping
- No wax, glue, paint or liquid drops on the cover
- No glue traces or wax residue.
- No bar codes
- No RIAA stamps or stickers.
POSTAGE & SHIPPING:
We offer THREE postage rates for both Domestic and International Mail: Media Mail, Priority Mail and Express Mail for domestic, and First Class, Priority International Mail, and Express International Mail for international orders. INTERNATIONAL CUSTOMERS PLEASE NOTE: WE RECOMMEND that you pay for USPS International Priority Mail OR International Express mail when making a payment in order to obtain tracking information, which is NOT available for First Class International shipments.
INTERNATIONAL POSTAGE rates vary from country to country. For SPECIFIC international and domestic postage rates ►. While you can be rest assured that ►, please note that damage, loss or theft in transit is always possible, and in the case of some countries even PROBABLE. To discuss this potential problem and ensure flawless delivery, please contact us thru eBay BEFORE placing a bid.
WANT A DISCOUNT ?!?
IT’S EASY: CLICK ► TO see HOW!
(please note recent changes in our policy)
FOR OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION, CLICK ON THE LINKS BELOW:
► ►► ► ► ► ► ► ► ►
OUR REFUND POLICY :
WE OFFER UNCONDITIONAL MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE WITHIN 30 DAYS FROM THE RECEIPT OF THE MERCHANDISE, NO QUESTIONS ASKED (THE BUYER PAYS FOR THE RETURN POSTAGE); Still sealed items MUST be returned sealed in order to be eligible for a refund Some restrictions apply. Please read our complete refund policy before placing a bid. ► for the full text of our policy
© 2001,2007 MDJ. All rights reserved.